Hello everybody! I hope you’ve all had a great week and are looking forward to the weekend. I’ve had a crazy week so far. I’m wrapping up one of my first sponsored woodworking projects this weekend. I’m so excited to show you what I’ve been working on, but it’ll have to wait. Be sure to check back with me in a week or two! I’ve got an awesome smoothie recipe for you guys today! This is a recipe that my sister-in-law makes for her family on a regular basis. It’s really easy to whip up quickly and is a super nutritious snack. It’s absolutely delicious and I know you’ll love it too!
Since I’m featuring the Ankarsrum mixer all this month, here is some basic info on the Ankarsrum blender attachment used for this recipe.
- 5 cup capacity
- dull blade design for pulverizing food, not just chopping it
- 2 part lid system provides a small opening for adding additional ingredients or oils for dressing
- Blender port is a direct drive off the 600W Ankarsrum motor making it extremely powerful
- Made of BPA free plastic
You can purchase the Ankarsrum blender attachment here.
Now for the yummy smoothie recipe I promised!
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 cup strawberries, tops removed
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 lime, pealed and segmented
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup ice
- Place first five ingredients into the blender. Starting on the lowest speed, turn on machine. Gradually turn speed up to med-high and blend for 1-2 minutes. Add ice and blend another 1-2 minutes. Pour and serve!
Don’t forget to enter to win a light cream Ankarsrum mixer and an Emile Henry bread cloche! The winner will be announced on June 1st. Be sure to subscribe to The Tale of an Ugly House for a weekly blog post. I’ll be sharing a new recipe using the mixer and or cloche throughout this month.
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Since it’s the perfect season for smoothies, do any of you have a favorite smoothie recipe? Feel free to share!
This post is sponsored by Ankarsrum Original USA