The past two weeks have been filled with renovations. I’ve painted, painted and painted some more! I decided to take a little break this past Saturday afternoon and switch gears. I finally used a mini doughnut pan that I had picked up at Sur La Table. It was such a quick and easy dessert. The best part was that I was easily able to adapt a doughnut recipe to use freshly milled flour. They were a little healthier this way but still yummy!
- 2-2 1/5 cups all Soft White wheat flour (or 2 cups all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup Honey Granules (or 2 cups granulated sugar)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- Seeds from one vanilla bean
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In large mixing bowl, sift together all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add buttermilk, eggs, vanilla extract, vanilla seeds and butter and beat until just combined. Spray doughnut cavities with cooking spray or brush with butter. Fill each donut cup approximately 1/2 full.
- Bake 5-8 minutes or until the top of the donuts spring back when touched. Let cool in pan for 4–5 minutes before removing. Finish doughnuts with a glaze of choice. Doughnuts are best served fresh.
- 1 cup confectioner’ s sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ½ tsp. lemon extract
- liquid food coloring of choice
- 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbs. butter
- 1 Tbs. Agave syrup
- 1 ts. hot water
- In medium bowl, microwave chocolate chips, butter, and agave on 50% power for 45 seconds-1 minute, stirring frequently until completely melted. Stir in teaspoon hot water, until the glaze is thick and smooth. Add another teaspoon hot water if the glaze is too thick. Use immediately to glaze doughnuts.
These are like cake doughnuts. They’re super fun and are really simple to make and decorate! I’m really pleased with the pan and how these little treats turned out. Charlie was over the moon with his little doughnuts!
Happy baking everyone!