This is day 2 friends of our 4th of July series. I’m extra excited about today because not only am I sharing one of my favorite recipes, but I’m also hosting a giveaway by Emile Henry! We’ll talk more about that at the end of the post. For now I give you one of my families favorite dessert recipes. I have to be honest. I’ve only given this recipe out to a couple of people so you should all feel very special today!
Panna Cotta is an Italian, custard like dessert. It’s not too sweet, which is perfect in my opinion. I for one am not a huge sweet fan. Most cakes, candies, etc. tend to be too sweet for me. Panna Cotta is just perfect!
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- fresh berries (optional)
- Mix 1/3 cup milk and gelatin in a bowl together and set aside.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat. Stir often.
- Heat until the cream comes to a full boil, being careful that it does not bubble over.
- Pour in milk and gelatin. Stir until dissolved.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour into 4 ramekins. Leave until they're room temperature.
- Place in the refrigerator over night or for at least 6 hours.
- Top with berries and serve.
You can find this adorable measuring jug here.
This is such an easy dessert that’s perfect for summer days. It’s cool, light and a fun treat for 4th of July!
Make it. I know you’ll love it 🙂 This recipe was also approved by Charlie my 2 year old! I’m not sure what he loves better, the Panna Cotta or the berries 🙂 He’s been in blueberry heaven this summer!
The ramekins I used are by Emile Henry. They’re perfect for this recipe and come in several different colors!
You can find these adorable ramekins here. Now for the good stuff –
Emile Henry is giving one lucky reader a set of ramekins in the color you choose! You can enter the giveaway below. The winner will be chosen this Sunday night the 28th at 7 p.m. (One entry per person please.)
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
Be sure to check back with us this Thursday for day 3 of our July 4th series. We’ll be talking table settings and fun outdoor decor!
This post was sponsored by:
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”