Good morning everyone! I hope you’re all having a great memorial day weekend so far. I’m posting from Orlando so I apologize ahead of time if I don’t finish all my sentences. Lack of sleep should make this post interesting, ha!
I wanted to share a recipe with you that is my sister-in-laws recipe. It’s for delicious chocolate chip cookies! She makes them using her double whisk bowl on the Ankarsrum. You can certainly use whatever mixer you have for this recipe. This is a perfect recipe for summer. With kids out of school, it’s a great and easy treat.
- 1 cup butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar (or honey granules)
- 1 cup brown sugar (or sucanat)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 - 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Position the plastic double whisk bowl on the Ankarsrum base with the single wire batter whips. Cream butter and sugar together until it forms a grainy paste. Add eggs and vanilla and whip until smooth. Turn speed down to low and add half the flour then baking power, salt, and baking soda. Add the rest of the flour 1/2 cup at a time still on the lowest speed until you reach the desired cookie dough texture. Add chocolate chips and optional nuts. Mix until combined. Scoop cookie dough by spoonful onto desired cookie sheet or baking stone. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Watch the double whisk bowl how-to here.
Okay here’s the giveaway you’ve probably wanting to enter from the start of this post! Enter your name and e-mail address here for a chance to win an Ankarsrum mixer in light cream and an Emile Henry bread cloche. A winner will be drawn June 1st!
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and remember to say a prayer for a men and women in the military. I know I’m so thankful for their service and sacrifice!