Who’s looking for some all-natural snack options that actually taste good? I know I always am. Life has slowed down a bit lately around our house. We’re renovating a little less and living a little more. I’m getting back into a cooking routine and focusing on getting healthier snacks back into our home. Granola bars have always been a favorite snack in our house. If you’re health conscious and read the labels of your snack foods you might have noticed that those “healthy” granola bars can have just as much junk in them as the Little Debbie’s. So what do you do? You make your own!
Don’t worry, homemade granola bars are extremely easy to make at home. No fancy equipment is needed. I want to share our favorite granola bar recipe with you. It’s very easy to adapt and you might just have everything you need in your pantry right now!
- 1/3 cup Sucanat
- 2/3 cup peanut butter, almond butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup honey of choice
- 2 Tbsp. hot water
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup freshly milled flour (whatever flour you have on hand.)
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 dried cranberries or raisins
- 1/2-3/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut (optional)
- Mix the first five ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in the oats and the rest of the ingredients until completely mixed.
- Press into a greased 9" x 13" pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until golden.
- Cut bars while still in the pan and let cool.
- This recipe is extremely versatile. You can adjust most all the ingredients to fit your taste.
As mentioned in the recipe, you don’t have to use peanut butter. You can use almond butter, sunflower or whatever butter you have on hand. I use sunflower butter because I am allergic to peanuts and my son can not have tree nuts. Between the two of us, we cover them all! I did not have coconut or raisins on hand when I made these, so again it’s super easy to adapt to what you do have. They only take a couple minutes to mix up and bake. They’re really filling and super yummy if I say so myself! I’m not a big breakfast kinda gal so I’ll grab one of these and I’m good to go.
I hope you all have had a great week. I’m looking forward to the weekend. Have a lovely Friday friends and happy baking!
Shop the Look